Connecticut requires individuals to have a solar thermal certificate in order to install domestic hot water thermal systems. A prerequisite is to complete a 24-hour training program. The 24-hour Solar Thermal Course will assist Plumbing & HVAC license holders prepare for the Solar Thermal Certificate provided by the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection.
Solar Thermal Training
P-1, P-2, P-3, P-4, S-1, S-2, S-3 or S-4 license holders that successfully complete this course will be eligible to take the Connecticut Solar Thermal Work Certificate test.
- Solar Theory
- Solar Thermal Fundamentals
- Site Assessments
- Equipment & Tools
- How to measure & size a solar thermal system site assessments
- 2003 International Plumbing Code
- OSHA Standards 29 CFR Part 1926 (Construction)
- It is strongly recommended that you have the book:
- Solar Heating - Revised Expanded Edition (New Society Publishers) This book is optional. It will not be allowed in the examination center for the CT Solar Thermal Work Certificate test.