OSHA courses are not only a great way to bring yourself up to speed on safety codes, completion cards are now being required on some private contracts and on publicly funded construction jobs in Connecticut and Massachusetts! Our courses are instructed by OSHA authorized instructors with years of construction and construction safety experience. Upon successful course completion, students will receive Completion Cards from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Schedule not convenient for your employees?
Online and In House safety training is available.
See below for descriptions and links to our online training.
Please contact us for information about in house training.
Safety Officer Training Program
This 40–Hour training program is made for construction company safety officers in training or administrative and field staff responsible for aspects of your company’s safety program. This program can be attended either as a certificate program or on a class by class basis to gain knowledge on the varied aspects of managing a company’s safety program. Included in the certificate program topics are all items necessary for an OSHA 30–Hour Outreach for Construction Completion card. Program will be facilitated by Ed LaFrance, CEC OSHA Instructor and Safety Consultant with over 30 years of safety and training experience. Additional speakers will be added for various topics. Call our office for program details.
- Understanding Your Company’s Safety Philosophy
- Expectations of Safety Officers
- OSHA Standards – Introduction to OSHA
- How to conduct Safety Training and Safety Meetings
- Understanding your role as a safety officer in Prejob meetings.
- OSHA Standards – Welding & Cutting
- Documenting & disciplining employees for bad safety practices
- OSHA Standards – Ladders
- OSHA Standards – Fall Protection
- How to conduct a proper Accident Investigation.
- OSHA Standards – Motor Vehicles, Cranes & Mechanized Equipment
- Workman’s Compensation
- OSHA Standards – Demolition
- OSHA Standards – Steel Erection
- OSHA Standards – Fire Prevention & Fire Protection
- Roles and responsibilities of multi–employer job sites.
- OSHA Standards – Scaffolds
- OSHA Standards – PPE
- OSHA Standards – Occupational Health & Environmental Controls
- OSHA Standards – Hazard Communication
- OSHA Standards – Electrical Safety
- Record Keeping
- OSHA 300
- Recordable Incidents
- OSHA Standards – Record Keeping
- OSHA Standards – Confined Space
- Focus Four – Falls, Electrocution, Caught in & Struck By
- OSHA 30 Hour Outreach Review & Test
OSHA 10 Hour
OSHA courses are not only a great way to bring yourself up to speed on safety codes, completion cards are now being required on some private contracts and on publicly funded construction jobs in Connecticut and Massachusetts!
Our courses are instructed by OSHA authorized instructors with years of construction and construction safety experience. Upon successful course completion, students will receive Completion Cards from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- OSHA Act, General Duty
- Materials Handling, Storage, Usage & Disposal
- Motor Vehicles, Mechanized & Construction Equipment
- General Safety & Health Provisions
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Stairways, Ladders & Excavations
- Required Electrical
- Required Fall Protection
- Competent Person
We also offer OSHA 10 in Spanish. Please check our event calendar for offerings or contact us.
OSHA 30 Hour
OSHA 30 Hour Outreach courses are ideal for supervisors and managers. This course will provide instruction on a variety of construction industry safety and health standards to intermediate and advanced level participants. Those who successfully complete the course will receive Completion Cards from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Courses can be facilitated in both English or Spanish. See the information regarding our Safety Officer Training course that includes a 30-hour card.
Please contact us for more information on OSHA 30-hour Outreach Inhouse Courses.
- Introduction to OSHA Standards
- General Safety and Health Provisions
- Occupational health and Environmental Controls
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Cranes and Rigging
- Welding and Cutting
- Electrical Standards
- Fall Protection
- Demolition Stairways and Ladders
- Confined Spaces
- Understanding of regulations or standards that could help in establishing a safer workplace
ONLINE OSHA 10 & OSHA 30
Taking our OSHA courses online offers these benefits:
- Receive your Department of Labor (DOL) Outreach Training Completion Card
- OSHA Accepted Training with Access to an OSHA Authorized Instructor for any questions
- Audio Narration and Interactive Exercises
- Real Life Case Studies
- Download or Print Reviews for Final Exam Preparation
- Work where and when you want; all you need is access to the internet
Outreach Training Program online courses offered in cooperation with the University of South Florida OTIEC.
First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
Individuals who require or desire first aid, AED, and CPR classes that deliver comprehensive emergency care knowledge and skills.
Required for Successful Completion/Certification:
Written Evaluation and Skills Evaluation (students must perform required skills competently without assistance).
Class instructed by an American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)- certified instructor.
ASHI's CPR and AED training course is designed specifically for laypeople, and is an excellent choice for CPR and defibrillator training in both community and workplace settings. This extremely flexible program will help prepare individuals to respond to sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and choking incidents. This CPR and AED course conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
The ASHI Basic First Aid course helps students develop basic first aid knowledge, skills, and the confidence to respond. This first aid training program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting, and conforms to the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.